Re: CETEC and Sparta rotary pot consoles

>I'm considering buying either a Sparta or a CETEC rotary console (5-pot
>mono) that I saw advertised pretty soon.
>
>Anyone ever worked with, or on, one of these beasts?

I've never worked on/with or used one of their consoles, but if the
Sparta/CETEC transmitter WMBR used to use is any indication of that
company's general engineering skills, my advice is this:

Stay away from it.  Preferably far, far, *far* away!

(We retired that beast well over ten - probably closer to a dozen -
years ago.  Last I knew, it was sitting in a closet, far from the
transmitter room, where it could no longer do harm to us or to our
signal...)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu