WODS was out-of-phase this afternoon

It tuned in to WODS around 2:15 - 2:35 PM this afternoon, and they were
broadcasting in 180-degrees out-of-phase stereo.

I don't know when it started or how long it went on, by the time I could
tune in again at about 4:45 PM it had been fixed.

In stereo, it had that out-of-phase pinched-in sound to the bass, and
in mono, anything common to both channels disappeared, such as the lead
vocals, drum tracks and bass on most songs, announcers on commercials,
and Brian Murphy's voice on mic.

I was surprised to hear this happen on such a major-market station, and
not be fixed immediately if not sooner. It sounded pretty cheezy.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .