Re: CETEC and Sparta rotary pot consoles

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>I'm considering buying either a Sparta or a CETEC rotary console (5-pot
>mono) that I saw advertised pretty soon.
>
>Anyone ever worked with, or on, one of these beasts?
>
>I'm especially interested in what kind of power supply the Sparta 5-pot
>mono consoles use, since the Sparta the guy is selling doesn't have one.
>
>If it's an out-board power supply, I might be able to kludge something
>together, but if it's proprietary, forget it.

I'll agree with Shawn that CETEC/Sparta stuff is pretty bottom of the
line.  I can't imagine that the power supply is anything proprietary...as
long as you get something with the proper voltage and current rating it
should work.

Not sure what you're planning to use this board for, but if it's for home
studio use there are better options.  Behringer makes some pretty nice
mixers that are not expensive (several models under $300).  Not something
likely to stand up under day in day out commercial use, but perfect for a
home studio.  Probably better audio specs, too.  Mackies are a little
better built, but are considerably more expensive.