Re: RUSS Automated tone

  gf wrote:
>Most Starguides use either 25mHz to cue commercials, 35mHz to cue liners or
>voltage spike ("go high") - there is no standard.......

Most Starguides I've worked with use internal relay contacts for local
breaks/IDs, etc.  The audio cards have 4 contacts (though talk programming
is usually sent mono with separate programming on L&R, so each channel only
gets 2), there are also dedicated relay cards which some, but not all
providers use those.  A few networks still provide 25 and 35 Hz tones (with
a combo giving you a 3rd closure).  Numerous companies build decoders..I've
had good luck with CircuitWerkes, but there are other good ones, too.

Some providers of long-form music programming (Open House Party, Jones
MOYL, etc.) provide their own receivers.  These use internal relays.  A lot
of talk programming uses tones in addition to contacts since many stations
time-shift these shows, and obviously there is a need to trigger local
events when the show isn't run in real time.

Not sure what you mean by voltage spike.  Not something I've ever run into.