Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

Aaron [Bishop] Read said:
> I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is ZERO excuse for any
>  station to ever shut down anymore.  A near-bulletproof automation
> system  can be assembled for under $2000, in many cases under $500
> depending on  what you can get for donated equipment.

I'd tend to agree with you. The least WPAA could do instead of running an
open carrier is relaying the TIC service or even NPR programming,
something...

> BTW - I don't mean to plug the DC8PLUS over all other forms of remote
> control, I've never used it myself but it's the best balance I've seen
> of  cheap and functional in a dial-up controller that will also
> dial-out for  you in case of emergencies.

There's one station owner in the Boston area who managed to do such before
the age of computerization. I'm sure most of you can guess who that may
be...