RE: Little Walter on WDRC-FM

Peter,

The list was posted on the Radio-Info.com Boston discussion board, and the
post appeared that the list was forwarded by the poster from Walter himself
(of course, on the internet, you never really know...).

One possiblity could be that the strong Pittsburgh oldies stations wouldn't
take Walter's show, and he may have been stuck with going on a rimshotter.

Most major market oldies stations want absolutely nothing to do with 50's
music anymore (such as WODS here in Boston, who fired Walter last December
when they took the last remaining pre-1963 music off their playlists), and
are
now going through the 70's and in some cases, into the 80's.

In some areas, I'd imagine that smaller stations may be much more willing
take the chance with "The Time Machine" as a speciality show than the more
rigidly-formatted major corporates.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .