RE: Costa/Eagle Flip Flop Trifecta Weekend

Gary F:
> I heard some time ago......a few months ago.....that WLLH
> could be had for
> less than what Mega paid for it.....of course they paid
> well more than what
> was considered market value ,....

IIRC, the price paid was $900K and change by Mega.  Simulcasting
1150 was brilliant.  And not dedicating programming to Lawrence area
Latinos was a truly inspired business decision.

As for the Lawrence kilowatt, it wasn't run during the day because
of the complaints among those amidst the horrible signal battle
along the Merrimack starting as close as Andover/Tewksbury,
considered central to the market.  THey'd sometimes kick it back in
at night.  I'd wondered if there was ever a risk of losing the
synchronous license if not used or done so, selectively.  Wayback
when I'd spun a few country singles at a former LLH incarnation, the
Lowell xmtr, through the glass of the booth at the old 4 B'way
studio decided do dump plates, and the Lawrence signal came right
over pretty well.  If not for an alarm light, I may have missed the
Lowell dump (pun partially intended.)

Bill O'Neill