Re: Red Sox back to Channel 38 and 4

Short of the towns on the New Hampshire border who are
serviced by AT&T cable - Kittery, Elliot and the
Berwicks. My cable system here in Saco is the only
system left with the "big 3" Boston channels 4, 5 and
7 courtesy of Time Warner Cable Of Maine. I'm crossing
my fingers that it stays that way. Other nearby
communities such as Bidderford, Kennebunk and Wells
have only 4 and 5 left. But as time moves on - more
Boston signals are eroding from area cable systems.
Which leads me to wonder the future of sports
coverage. Baseball isn't cheap and nor is cable! In
addition, over 30% of the state of Maine is still
outside cable coverage, leaving those people with the
option of satellite, which is becoming a monopoly.
Just ask the folks missing their favorite Fox shows.

Roy Lawrence

  On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Hakim Madjid wrote:

> > I first heard of this yesterday (Thursday 9/5/02)
> while listening to Sea/n
> > McDonough's program on 1510 - that the Sox
> over-the-air TV rights would go
> > to WSBK AND WBZ-TV (4) begining next season
> (2003).

  I think it is kinda ignorant to carry games in a Red