Famous voice work

At 03:40 PM 6/16/2002, tklaundry@juno.com wrote:
>lglavin wrote:
>Isn't that the late Bill Marlowe bellowing "New England is GIANT country!"?
>
>dave responds:
>Actually after Bill died his spots disappeared from radio and tv, perhaps
>the voice over liner of Giant Country is finding its way back, but he's
>not doing the voice over (obviously), and it's not like an anonymous line
>in a 30 or 60 second spot is a half hour tv infomercal featuring a dead
>actor.
>df

Is it my imagination or are there a lot of "returns from the grave" in a
figurative sense with famous people doing voice work you wouldn't
ordinarily hear?  I'm pretty sure I heard Jeff Goldblum doing a car
commercial yesterday, and the concensus amongst my roommates is that it's
James Woods doing the voice of the CGI rabbit in the latest run of
BlockBluster Video ads.

Is the recession catching up with Hollywood?  ;-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron