Re: Re:Fwd: Re: If It's A Gift-giving Observance, Here Comes the International Star Register

At 04:34 PM 6/16/2002, Mark Watson wrote:
>   Dave faneuf wrote:
>
> > Actually after Bill died his spots disappeared from radio and tv, perhaps
>the voice over liner of Giant Country is finding its way back, but he's not
>doing the voice over (obviously), and it's not like an anonymous line in a
>30 or 60 second spot is a half hour tv infomercal featuring a dead actor.
>
>  The late Ernie Anderson, best known as ABC -TV's promo voice for years,
>also voiced many liners and top of hour ID's for Medford/Boston's WXKS-FM
>(Kiss 108). After he passed away several years ago, Kiss 108 kept running
>his voicers, eventually replacing them with a new voice, although I think
>they still run a couple of Ernie's buffers occasionally. At least the other
>day while tuned in to Dale Dorman's PM drive show I heard Ernie's voice, or
>a good impersonation!!
>
>Mark Watson

I believe Jeff Berlin is doing ID's and whatnot for Kiss108 these days -
his voice can be heard nationwide, too, I caught it in Seattle once - and
he can make himself sound pretty similar to Ernie, although if you listen
close you can tell it's Jeff.  You can hear Jeff on a bunch of old WZBC
ID's and whatnot as he used to do all their production before he started
being nationwide and didn't have the time anymore.

I owe Jeff a lot of credit for teaching me how to do commercial production
work when I was an intern at Kiss in 1996 and he was Production Director (I
don't know if he's still Prod. Dir. there or whether he's been promoted)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron