Re: Re:Fwd: Re: If It's A Gift-giving Observance, Here Comes the International Star Register

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 16:34:05 -0400 "Mark Watson" <markwats@attbi.com>
writes:
>  The late Ernie Anderson, best known as ABC -TV's promo voice for
> years,
> also voiced many liners and top of hour ID's for Medford/Boston's
> WXKS-FM
> (Kiss 108). After he passed away several years ago, Kiss 108 kept
> running
> his voicers, eventually replacing them with a new voice, although I
> think
> they still run a couple of Ernie's buffers occasionally. At least
> the other
> day while tuned in to Dale Dorman's PM drive show I heard Ernie's
> voice, or
> a good impersonation!!
>
> Mark Watson

I don't think that would be all that uncommon or even tacky since only
radio insiders would perhaps know that the person doing the Image Voice
had died.  On the other hand Robert Urich's death is known to the general
population.  Bill Marlow's death was also widely reported in the Boston
Media.
df