Re: Oldies on the radio

On 9 Jun 2002 at 9:18, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I hate the term "suggestion" as a substitute for request...I worked at at
> AAA station once where we were required to use that term...thought it
> sounded really pretentious.  When does this show come on?  Is WPTR
> standards the rest of the time, or is the beginning of a switch to a
> pre-British Invasion oldies format?

I didn't catch the beginning of the show, but it ended at 2:00 AM, and WPTR went back to
adult standards at that point.  At the end of the show, the DJ said something along the lines
of, "Sorry if we didn't get to your suggestions this week, maybe we'll get to them next week."
 I thought I understood the distinction between "requests" and "suggestions" until I heard
that.