Re: Oldies on the radio

  A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>I've just discovered that WPTR is doing a rock & roll oldies show, and it
>seems to be mostly
>1950s oldies.  They ID as the "Hubcap Network" and then give a legal ID
>for four stations,
>two in Texas and two in New York, including WPTR.  They say they don't
>take requests, but
>they do take "suggestions" and give a toll-free number.

I hate the term "suggestion" as a substitute for request...I worked at at
AAA station once where we were required to use that term...thought it
sounded really pretentious.  When does this show come on?  Is WPTR
standards the rest of the time, or is the beginning of a switch to a
pre-British Invasion oldies format?