Re: BUR-GBH

At 08:12 PM 6/5/2002, Paul Anderson wrote:
>On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 12:28  PM, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>
>>4 out of 24 hours a day doesn't appear to me to be sounding a whole lot
>>alike even if you don't take into account both stations have
>>substantially different local news coverage during those hours.
>
>Except that for people like myself who work in the daytime, the hours of
>6-8 AM and 5-7 PM are about the only times I can listen.  It's stupid to
>have the same programming on two stations in the same city at the same
>time.  And the fact that the last hour of ATC is a repeat doesn't mean
>anything to those who are at work during the original broadcast.
>
>If WBUR and WGBH are going to broadcast the same shows, why can't they at
>least do so at different times?
>
>Paul

Isn't it obvious?  Because Jane Christo is out for GLOBAL DOMINATION so
first on the docket is to crush WGBH, beat their employees into the dirt,
overthrow their transmitter and kick any dogs that happen to be near the
GBH studios.

Of course I'm being silly but one has to wonder if the move is indeed to
establish WBUR dominance in the talk side of public radio in Boston.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron