Re: BUR-GBH

Come on! 'GBH does not threaten WBUR's dominance of the
talk side of public radio in Boston. But I'll bet that
analysis of listener contributions (or lack of them) and
probably a fall-off in night listenership motivated the
return of Marketplace tp 'BUR. Perhaps the calculation
that talk listeners would switch from 89.7 to 90.9 at
6:30 or even earlier (for ATC) also entered into Jane's
thinking. At first blush it seems silly for WBUR to air
Marketplace at the same time as 'GBH does, but if 'BUR
picks up a lot of the people who listened to ATC on 'GBH
and those people become 'BUR contributors, Jane wins yet
again.

She's got to be creative to counteract the revenue loss
that undoubtedly followed her ouster of Chris Lydon.
More layoffs would surely affect the quality of the
product and in turn affect giving.

Anybody know when 'GBH-FM will move to the WBZ-TV tower?
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205