News Pronunciations (was: Is WBZ that hard up for ad revenue?)

> My other beef with WBZ-AM this past Saturday was with the afternoon
news
> anchor. I don't remember who it was, but when she read a brief news
story
> about the Irish General election that took place Saturday, she
mispronounced
> the name of one of the Irish political parties. Someone should inform
the
> poor woman that 'Fine Gale' is *NOT* pronounced 'Fyne Gale'... (sigh).

Alas, mispronunciation (of even the mundane stuff) is becoming
commonplace.
Cases in point:

One female newsperson routinely says "tem-puh-CHUR" instead of
"tem-pra-CHUR" when doing the top/bottom of the hour weather and
when intro'ing the wx-man..

One male newsperson regularly says "DUMF-i-ter", "DUMPF-i-ter"
and/or "DERMF-i-ter" instead of "DOUBLE-you" You wouldn't believe
how awkward he sounds spelling an URL (i.e.www.???????.???)

Dilapidated is pronounced "di-LAP-i-tated"

A female newsperson doing a weekend music update referred to
Elvin Bishop as Elvis Bishop .  I'll grant you, it could have been a
typo,
but then again......

WBZ doesn't seem to be able to tell if it's TIA-CREF  or TIAA-CREF.
The ads and the "brought to you by" announcements are in grand
disagreement.

Roger Kirk