RE: Is WBZ that hard up for ad revenue?

Bill O'Neill writes:

>A clear channel flamethrower humping vitamins?  When do they run that
>again?   I'll call everyone I know and invite them to set their alarm
>clocks.  Now, if they pre-empt Sullivan for St. Johns Wort....

I happened to tune in to Wisconsin Blimps and Zeppelin at about 9:30pm
yesterday. For a while they had been pre-empting the last half hour of Neil
Chayet's call-in lawyer show for an info-mercial. Yesterday this Chayet was
still on the air until right up until 10.

Also on my infomercial watch list, I notice that Barry Armstrong (as in WBNW
1120), has been buying a 1 hour block of time from 7 to 8pm on to air a
WRKO - right after Bob Brinker. It sort of an edition of Money Matters. At
first I thought that 'RKO had signed on Armstrong or somethning. Then at the
half our break an announcer came on with a 'paid-programming' announcement.
I just looked at WRKO's web site, and their Sunday programming schedule
lists 7 to 9pm Sunday as 'paid programming' So two hours of info-mercials.
Now we know what those supposedly six-figure earning sales people they are
advertising for are up to. :-)

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)