RE: Is WBZ that hard up for ad revenue?

There must be bad blood between Armstrong and either
Alex Langer or Brad and Bonnie Bleidt who LMA WBIX from
Langer M-F 6:00 AM-7:00 PM. One would think that if
Armstrong wanted to be on a Boston-market station that
does financial talk and that can be heard beyond the
limits of its own ground system, he'd go for WBIX. He
surely could buy the time there for a lot less than WRKO
charges.

Almost everything if not flat-out everything that
appears on WBIX is brokered time. If Armstrong bought
time for a program, the program would have to air
outside of the hours programmed by the Bleidts. That
means Armstrong would be dealing directly with Langer.
Of course, the Bleidts may have veto power over any WBIX
financial talk show that they don't provide themselves.
Still, WBIX carries a Saturday morning financial talk
show done (and paid for) by Stu Taylor.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205