Is WBZ that hard up for ad revenue?

Due to a project deadline, I'm up in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I've
been listening to Jordan Rich on WBZ all night. I just noticed that 'BZ now
has him off the air at 3:30AM and they are now broadcasting an infomercial
for Glucosamine. So I guess now they are preempting 1 1/2 hours of Jordan
Rich's show to run infomercials?

Are our friends at Wisconsin Blimp and Zeppelin that hard up for ad revenue
right now, that they have to preempt perfectly good talk show talent such as
Jordan Rich for all these infomercials. As I have stated many times on this
list, I've always thought of infomercials as being the province of 500 -
Watt daytimers in like Lower East Podunk, not something that a major market
station does.

My other beef with WBZ-AM this past Saturday was with the afternoon news
anchor. I don't remember who it was, but when she read a brief news story
about the Irish General election that took place Saturday, she mispronounced
the name of one of the Irish political parties. Someone should inform the
poor woman that 'Fine Gale' is *NOT* pronounced 'Fyne Gale'... (sigh).

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)