Re: Is WBZ that hard up for ad revenue?

  Hakim Madjid wrote:

>  I don't remember who it was, but when she read a brief news story
>about the Irish General election that took place Saturday, she mispronounced
>the name of one of the Irish political parties. Someone should inform the
>poor woman that 'Fine Gale' is *NOT* pronounced 'Fyne Gale'... (sigh).

OK, I'll bite.  How DO you pronounce it??

As one who's had to do more than his share of rip 'n read newscasts over
the years, I must have mangled hundreds of foreign names that AP
thoughtfully forgot to add pronunciation guides to (not to mention totally
skipping some completely unpronounceable names!).