RE: Canadian Gray Market Shut Down

Larry Weil wrote:

>And the agencies that provide the US addresses for Canadians (and
>Canadian addresses for US residents) are what are being shut down by
>this ruling.

My point was that someone can bypass the brokerage agencies. All someone has
to do is probably supply an address of a willing friend on one side of the
border or other. That probably gets around this legal ruling

If I understand correctly, Canadian communications law makes in illegal for
Canadians to receive US based satellite programming. There was a discussion
about this recently on one of the clubxm.com forums (that's an independent
site about XM radio). In theory because XM is not licensed for Canada,
Canadians aren't supposed to subscribe to that either.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)