RE: WWV

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Richard
Chonak
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:08 PM
To: 'boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org'
Subject: Re: WWV

Richard Chonak wrote:

>What a format, and what a slogan: "all _time_; _all_ the time,
>all the time."

>The corresponding oldies format would be "all the all-time time,
>all the time."

>"W-W-V <ding> the WWV chime-time is now 3:34 PM".

>The Chicago song "25 or 6 to 4" would unfortunately be too
>inexact for NIST.

These days, however, I personally find WWV on SW less and less useful than I
once did. It used to be indispensable to me when I wanted to hack a clock to
fire up an my SW receiver and tune in.

Nowadays however, what with GPS, internet time servers, and also these lcd
clock everyone sells that lock on to the WWVB LF data signal, I don't need
to tune as much on SW.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)