"At The Tone......." (RE: WWV)

    Personally, I still depend on the services of
Radio Station WWV and WWVH, daily.  I still use these
great stations for calibration of my receivers and
test gear. There is still some comfort to know that
these stations are always available 24 hours a day.  I
still set my clocks to WWV/WWVH on a regular basis.
    Co-incidentally, I have a website specially
dedicated to the Time and Frequency Services of NIST,
particularly with WWV and WWVH.  Also, there is a lot
of historical material regarding these two stations.
The website ("At The Tone....the B side") is available
at http://listen.to/wwv or @
http://www.geocities.com/radiojunkie3.  Stop by and
drop me a line if you wish!  73!

-Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
 Whitman, Massachusetts

> These days, however, I personally find WWV on SW
> less and less useful than I
> once did. It used to be indispensable to me when I
> wanted to hack a clock to
> fire up an my SW receiver and tune in.
>
> Nowadays however, what with GPS, internet time
> servers, and also these lcd
> clock everyone sells that lock on to the WWVB LF
> data signal, I don't need
> to tune as much on SW.
>
> 73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

=====