Re: WLVI Cancels "Boston's WB In The Morning"

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 09:55 AM, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but turning on the tv for news (or anything else
> for that matter) first thing in the morning is one of the last things I
> would do.  Who has time while getting ready for work, getting kids off
> to school, etc to watch tv?  I'll have WBZ on in the morning for my
> news/weather, etc.

The lack of time is exactly why I'd turn on channel 56 for five minutes
at the top of the hour.  I'd get much more information than the few
stories carried during local cut-ins on 4, 5 or 7 in the same amount of
time.  I wouldn't watch every morning, but if I had a few spare minutes
I'd turn them on.

But generally, I agree with you.  I have two young daughters and while I
can't imagine too many people have time to sit down and watch TV in the
morning, the morning news shows have been immensely popular for years.

However, channels 2, 44 and 57 get the lion's share of viewing in our
house in the morning!

Paul