Re: Speaking of the Sox...

At 04:48 PM 3/31/2002, Howard Glazer wrote:
>Anybody else notice how the Globe's Bill Griffith punted on the call
>letters of the Sox' Spanish-language network stations in his Friday
>SporTView? The flagship is given as WLYN (1360), but the other
>affiliates are simply Brockton (1410), Framingham (1200), Lawrence
>(1490), Springfield (1270), Worcester (1310), Hartford (1120) and
>Providence (1220).

Speaking of WORC 1310 - I heard recently they had let all but one full-time
staffer go and were under investigation by the state for not paying payroll
taxes (this from NERW).  Anyone heard anything new about them?

I was offered daytime air there back in November but decided a 55-minute
commute wasn't worth the usual low salary you see in radio...guess I made
the right decision ;-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453