a question of management

This is not totally germaine to the list, so if you know the answer, please
e-mail me privately.  A couple of friends of mine, experienced and talented
musicians, formed a band, and they have self-released a CD which got some
local airplay (they are from southern New Hampshire).  They asked me if I
knew an honest and capable manager who might help them get to the next
level and get signed by a label.  This is not an area of my
expertise--  it's been years since I was a talent scout for Mercury
Records-- but I wondered if any of you know how one goes about finding a
manager for a rock band.  These guys are very serious about their careers
and are willing to work hard to make things happen.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.