Wall Street Weak

I watched the Maryland Public TV's "Approved" Wall Street Week last night
(03/29), and it was preety weak.  The opening was the same, the underwriters
were the same, but the show had the look and feel of a Community Access
Program on Cable.  Marshall Loeb of Fortune Magazine(tm) was the host,
but although he has media experience, he seemed awkward and unsure of himself.
A guest was retired money man Julius Westheimer (who I believe is a
member of Louis Rukeyeser's WSW Hall of Fame....what was he doing there?
A very subtle choice of guest was Jim Grant.  Grant appeared occasionally on WSW with Lou,  but all during th 90's he warned about a Stock
Market meltdown.  Well, Lou got tired of Jim's grim predictions and booted
him from the show (along with another Doomster, Gail Dudack). Jim Grant
also committed the sin of promoting investments in gold, and Lou repeatedly
made fun of so-called "Gold Bugs."  So what did Grant do?  He suggested investing in GOLD!
I thought that MD P TV wanted a more youthful look to the show, but Loeb and
Westheimer are OLDER than Louis, and Bernadette Murphy made three.  They say
that former CBS business reported Ray Brady will also guest-host.
Is this Wll Street Week or a remake of "Cocoon"?

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp