Re: Radio firings most likely a prank

In a message dated 3/30/02 11:28:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dwcole@attbi.com writes:

<< Too bad the Press Herald fell for it. >>

Ray Routhier, the Press Herald media writer, does a horrible job with the
beat.  He knows little about the business.  He writes stories on TV and radio
ratings that put too much emphasis on one rating period and offer little
perspective.

He also is in the pocket at the people at One City Center.  Every ratings
story that he writes make the Citadel stations out to be the big winners,
even when that is not the case.

However, I thought his story on the WJBQ hoax made it clear that firings were
an April Fool's Day joke.  It is unfortunate that the station got any
publicity for the stunt, but I don't think that this morning's story was
exactly what they were hoping for.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine