Re: WODS Music Screw Ups

  Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Matt Stevens wrote:
>
> >   I don't think Windows 98 is stable enough to run a radio station, it
> makes
> > me appreciate my vintage 1995 Audisk running with DOS 6.22 and a bunch of
> > SCSI-2 drives. It just keeps going and going........
>
>Well...some manufacturers of automation software are coming out with Linux
>applications....which seems to be crash-resistant.

Linux may be crash-resistant, but it's not exactly user-friendly.  Thanks
but no thanks, we have enough computer issues without using an OS that's
difficult to use.  Apparently most manufacturers agree...there doesn't seem
to be any great stampede to introduce Linux-based systems.  I asked the 2
manufacturers we use, & while they are considering it, they have seen no
real demand for it.

I agree that DOS-based automation just runs & runs...we almost never have
to re-boot the Scott Studios systems we have.  NT-based Maestro, for all
it's annoying quirks runs well once you get it working.  It also rarely crashes.