Re: Today's LTAR Part 1:

--- Laurence Glavin <lglavin@lycos.com> wrote:
> On today's LTAR, NH's Mt. Washington was described
> as the highest peak east of
> the Rockies.  Not so.  During my mountain hiking
> days, it was common knowledge
> taht Mt. Mitchell, NC was a few hundred feet higher.

Mt. Mitchell is 6,684 feet, according to the North
Carolina map in my AAA road atlas.

A blues magazine I used to get had classified ads in
the back and one regular ad was from a college
station in NC; it invited blues artists to send them
CDs and said they had the "highest NPR antenna site on
the Eastern Seaboard". Well, Asheville is near
Mt. Mitchell, and 100000watts.com lists the following
station (I think this was the one):

Asheville, NC
WNCW
88.7 MHz