highest pt. east of Rockies (was today's LTAR)

--- Bob Nelson <bobonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Well, Asheville is near
> Mt. Mitchell, and 100000watts.com lists the
> following
> station (I think this was the one):
>
> Asheville, NC
> WNCW
> 88.7 MHz
> Format: AAA, blues, folk, jazz,

...and I found the following on the WNCW site:

"WNCW SPINDALE, NC

88.7 FM (wncw.org)
WNCW is a little station with a big reputation. Its
broadcast signal may pack only a 17,000-watt punch,
but the transmitter sits atop Mount Mitchell, the
highest point east of the Rocky Mountains, which
allows WNCW to blanket a five-state area. Located at
Isothermal Community College in the tiny town of
Spindale, WNCW is "in the middle of everywhere and on
the road to nowhere," laughs assistant program
director Armando Bellmas. If you're driving I-85 or
I-77 near Charlotte or I-40 near Asheville toward
Knoxville, WNCW will be a terrific musical
hitchhiker."