RE: Disney versus Koppel

Now, given
> that 45+ adults have lots of disposible income and absolutely buy
> things, I
> fail to understand why ad agencies still maintain that only a younger
> audience is desirable.

It's my understanding that 45+ have made their choices in 'brands' of items
and cannot be easily convinced to switch from brand "x" to brand "Z". People
under 30 have not yet established fixed brand patterns and hence are more
desirable for advertisers.

After all, if the 45+ is almost certainly going to by brand "X", then
company "X" sees no reason to waste ad $$ (They've already got the customer)
and company "Z" sees no reason to waste ad $$ (They're quite unlikely to get
customer to switch)

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH