RE: Slow Speed radio recording like a VCR, etc.

Ron Bello Wrote

>Most VCRs have the ability to record an audio input.
>Just forget the video.  Plug a tuner or receiver "record Output"
>into the audio input to the VCR.  Leave the tuner on the desired
>station and program the VCR to start a minute before the
>program you want.  It works and its cheap (free).  Sound
>quality is very good. It is how I listen to LTAR.

I dare say the VCR even on its standard linear audio tracks would give
better audio quality than these 1/2 and 1/4 - speed cassette products. If
you spring for a VHS-Hi Fi model - be sure you're getting one that allows
you to dub audio to the Hi-Fi tracks - then there's aboslutely no comparison
the sound quality of VHS-Hi-Fi is going to be light years ahead of slow
speed cassette.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)