RE: Tower Lights Out

<Dan Strassberg Wrote>

> Don't those who own and/or maintain towers that are
> aircraft hazards have to be licensed by the FAA? If so,
> and if the FAA isn't on the take from ATS, the FAA could
> surely put the fear of Uncle Sam into Steven Dodge & Co.

If I am not mistaken, towers need to be determined a aircraft hazard by the
FAA but then once the determination is completed, it's in the FCC's hands on
how to register and regulate the tower based on the FAA's recommendation.
The Seven Digit Registration number assigned to certain towers is assigned
by the FCC. I think the FCC has the final say in if the company can continue
to own them. If you look at the history, you will see that it was the FCC-EB
(Enforcement Bureau) which issued the multi-tudes of fines against ATC. If
the FAA notifies the FCC about it, I am sure they are watching ATC like a
hawk and "corrective measures" will be taken soon.

--Mike

*                              From WAAF to WZZO
*
*                           http://necrat.tripod.com
*
*                          TOWER & ANTENNA PHOTOGRAPHY
*