Re: Tower Lights Out

I'm pretty sure that ATS also owns the UHF candelabra.
If so, these postings indicate that America's largest
owner of radio-TV transmission towers is unforgivably
lax, right outside of its home city. One can only
imagine how badly they do in the rest of the country.

Don't those who own and/or maintain towers that are
aircraft hazards have to be licensed by the FAA? If so,
and if the FAA isn't on the take from ATS, the FAA could
surely put the fear of Uncle Sam into Steven Dodge & Co.

Were ATS to lose the right to own and maintain towers
(its only business, as far as I know), it could ruin
more than a few shareholders' days, which would, in
turn, give rise to massive lawsuits against ATS
management. Not quite another Enron maybe, but still a
pretty big failure of management oversight.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205