Re: WROR (was Re: WZLX)

> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:26:43 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bob Nelson <bobonradio@yahoo.com>
> Subject: WROR (was Re: WZLX)
>
> Imagine: "Classic Hits 105.7...WROR"

I don't think it would be wise for WROR to add "Classic" anything to their
slogan, because they could be confused with WZLX on ratings diaries.

When they started out with the "Songs You Remember" format a few years ago,
they were basically a three-decade Oldies station playing rock, pop, and R&B
hits of the 60's, 70's and 80's, but they didn't use the word "Oldies" to
promote themselves, and I'd imagine that was in order to keep distinct from
WODS.

When they changed to the "Rockin' Hits" format (now the "Greatest Hits"
format) of the 60's and 70's and they dropped all R&B/soul hits from the
playlist it became more like a "Classic Rock" station, but they still don't
use the word "Classic" and I don't think it would be a good idea for them
to.