Re: High Standards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Pappalardo" <Joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>; "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: High Standards

> The 'morals claus' went out with Mae West.

Traditional morals clauses may no longer exist, but I would expect most
broadcasting contracts would have some kind of clause that would allow
termination for behavior that would reflect badly on the station.  Radio
personalities are hired to help the station gain and retain listeners.  If I
was drafting a contract, I would include a clause that would allow the
station to terminate the contract if the personality does something, at work
or away from work, that would cost the station listeners.  That would not
cover things that would have been unacceptable but I think it would cover
your evening announcer promoting a pornographic website or your morning man
becoming the spokesman for the local branch of the Klu Klux Klan.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine