Re: The 1590 Broadcaster/WSMN

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:07:11 -0500 "Sean Smyth" <Sportswriter@dejazzd.com>
writes:
> Can someone tell me about the history and evolution of these two
> outlets?
> I've always been curious -- was one created to support the other, or
> did one
> ever bring in more income than the other? Any insight would be
> interesting.
>
> -Sean

I don't know about the 1590 Broadcaster/WSMN but when I worked at WKVT in
Brattleboro (long before Telemedia) the owner of the station also had a
weekly newspaper that was primarily ads,  I always thought they were
pretty much independent of each other since they were not run from the
same building, although I'm sure that he would sweeten the pot with
sponsors now and again and give them a free ad or airtime as the
situation warranted.
df