Re: The 1590 Broadcaster/WSMN

I always thought the 1590 Broadcasters newspaper was the one that kept the
radio station afloat. I can remember the radio station however, having a
fair amount of advertising in the late 1960's and 1970's. To my then
novice ears it seemed comparable to slightly less than other AM stations
in the area such as WFEA, WGIR, and WKBR. Maynard and Lessieur Tires /
Auto Repair on West Hollis Street, Lynches and Millers clothing stores, a
furniture store on Factory street (the name eludes me), Eddie's Bedding
and Furniture?? Belevance & West End Beverage, etc etc were mainstays of
advertising that I recall.  The High School football and basketball games
were at that time well advertized.

John