Re: Some WBUR history

On 22 Jan 2002 at 2:39, Aaron 'Bishop' Read wrote:

> My mistake, by "tower" I meant the "radio tower" on top of the "BU LAW
> tower building".   The radio tower was built in 1975-1976 because Warren
> Towers (the 18-story, 1600-student tri-towered dorm next door to the
> College of Communication/COM - then School of Public Communication/SPC)
> was built then.

Wrong again.  Warren Towers existed when I was at BU in the late 60s.  In
those days, it didn't have its name, it was just 700 Commonwealth Avenue,
and was generally called "700."

Which means that either WBUR's transmission tower was moved to the top of
the Law Tower earlier than 1976 or it really did suffer a null in that
direction.  That wouldn't surprise me at all, since it's not at all
uncommon at BU for one hand not to know or care what the other is doing.
My observation of BU when I was there was that it wasn't really a
university but a group of independent colleges sharing the same campus.