Re: Art Bell bumper music

At 04:52 PM 1/20/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Did anyone hear Art Bell talking about the Greek godess Phaedra last week?
>The discussion was prompted by Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood's "Some Velvet
>Morning," which he has used as one of his bumper tunes for a while now.

I seldom pay much attention to Mr Bell, but the song "Some Velvet Morning"
is a classic 'lost 45', in my opinion-- one of my faves from the late
60s.  Vanilla Fudge (remember them?) did a very nice version of the tune,
and I played it when I was on the air at an album rocker.  The trouble with
today's classic rock is it only plays "top tracks", and thereby misses out
on some great songs that still should be played now and then... (don't get
me started on tight playlists!!!)