RE: XM quality

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Brian
Vita
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 4:25 PM
To: Bill O'Neill; Boston Radio Interest
Subject: Re: XM quality

>I've had XM in my car since about the 2nd week of December.  I've driven
>with it from Vermont to South Carolina.  The sound quality is excellent.
>The coverage is overall excellent with some strange drop outs.

>The signal was wall to wall from Peabody to Raleigh only cutting out in
some
>of the highway canyons in major cities along I-95.  The entrance to the GWB
>is one of these.  In Vermont I had signal problems in some of the narrower
>mountain valleys.  I get fade some times in some cities at specific times
of
>day but nothing too obnoxious.  The only place that coverage is really bad
>is Beverly (go figure).

(snip)

The talk selections are kind of weak with B & C list talent.

Yea I'm very happy with XM I've had it since 11/28. But Brian, you have bad
reception in Beverly? I had occasion to drive through Beverly, (sort of
downtown), right over the bridge from Salem, and then off on Rt 62 West. I
didn't find problem reception in that little >journey.

The talk content could use improvement, but hey, when someone or other used
to carry him on local radio, I used to love listening to Bruce Williams, so
I'm happy I get to listen to him.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)