Re: Oldies, contest?

<<On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:38:45 -0500, "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net> said:

> legal?  A private company can make any rules that they would like for a
> contest, unless there is a law that limits their ability to make
> such rules.

The laws in question would be the ones which distinguish between a
lottery (which is illegal in every state except Nevada and New Jersey,
Native tribes and some charities excepted) and a contest.  I don't
know the general terms of those laws everywhere, but I could easily
imagine a state requiring all contests to be open to every member of
the general public who is not employed by the contest operators.

-GAWollman