Re: Some WBUR history

It was written:  "Eight months before
the School of Public Relations and Communications (now known as the College
of Communication) opened in 1947, WBUR went on the air as the second
educational FM radio station in Boston (Emerson College's WERS was the
first)."

Umm, I am Emerson's historian, and last time I checked, WERS-FM went on the
air in late October 1949, not in 1947... WERS was dedicated on 2 November
1949, according to accounts in several Boston newspapers.  I think I have a
clipping somewhere from when WBUR went on the air too.  WECB at Emerson, an
AM station, went on the air before WERS, I do believe...