Re: when oldies stations drop the 50s...

At 01:56 AM 1/10/2002 -0500, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>On 9 Jan 2002 at 16:32, anastasi@javanet.com wrote:
>
> > Well, excuse me, but I am going to "take this personally."  I am this
> > close to a flame, but will try to control myself. I am 52, so I am on that
> > dividing line where my youth was both in the late 50s and all of the 60s.
> > Therefore, I have memories attached to both decades. What are people of my
> > age supposed to do with those memories once they fall out of the desired
> > demographic?
> >  But damn it, don't take away the one thing we have left to remember our
> > youth, which is our music!

Isn't that what the internet is for?  Spinner.com?   Or perhaps XM/Sirius
will have a channel or two devoted to the format...it's quite possible.
Likely, even.

Hey, I'm not saying what's happening with Oldies stations is right or
wrong....but I encourage everyone to walk away from commercial radio these
days.  The more power the 'net and sat.radio and NCE's get...the more
likely the whole big corporate monster will collapse under it's own weight
and revenge will be mine!  BUAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Not exactly "just kidding", but I have a deep-seated dislike of about 90%
of the programming above 91.9 on the dial (except for WBRS & WRBB of
course).  I would love to see giant radio networks get nuked and go back to
fierce competition between locally-owned stations.   I think it's
coming.  Not today, certainly...nor tomorrow...but 5 or 10 years from now
perhaps.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453