Re: ENCO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Osborne" <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>; "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>;
<Chuckigo@att.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 1:34 AM
Subject: ENCO

> ENCO, so thats the name of that system.  I had heard
> it mentioned to me by my old Promotions Director in
> Rochester while there, and had heard that system in
> operation on WIII Cortland/Ithaca (NY) while visitng
> people down there.  My response, after hearing it run,
> was pretty much the same as Dan's, it sounded TERRIBLE
> with that dial tone at the end of each talk break!

I did not mean to imply in my post that ENCO requires an audible tone at the
end of each talk break.  That was just how WCLZ had it set up to automate
remote broadcasts.  For regular operation, audible tones are not required.
(And they may now have a more modern system for remotes.  My example was
from 1996.)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine