Re: "Sports Talk 96.9"?

I think I'm missing something. Sporting News Radio
_owns_ WWZN. Consequently, it's not as if SNR is looking
for a better signal to affiliate with in Boston. Unless
SNR has lined up a buyer for WWZN at a good price, why
would SNR even think of affiliating with a signal that
somebody else owns and is unlikely to be interested in
selling. even at a price that could be as much as eight
times what WWZN would fetch?

Who might buy WWZN? I've heard through the grapevine
that the lease for the Tx site in Waltham was recently
renegotiated with the rent going to $18k/month. That's
over $200k/year, which comes immediately out of any
revenue the station generates. How many companies would
be willing to match the price at which SNR must carry
WWZN on its books--presumably the price that SNR's
predecessor, One on One, paid for the 1510 signal. If
memory serves, that price was a bit north of $12 million.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205