Re: C-NET programming begins on WBPS 12/1/01 at about 3:15 PM EST

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 08:52:42
 Dan Strassberg wrote:

>One thing that I think I have gotten right is that subscribers to AT&T
>Broadband's cable-modem Internet service who access the Internet via cable
>systems that are part of AT&T's Media One network (including subscribers in
>New England) have NOT lost their cable-modem service.
>
>--

Just to add some info to Dan's post. The bids(from Cox, Comcast and AOL TW) for AT&T Broadband's service are due in tomorrow(Monday). The board will vote next Saturday(12/8) whether to sell the system to the highest bidder or spin it off into a separate unit of AT&T. From what I've read in the daily trade faxes, Cox's financially-complex bid seems to be the leading one because somehow AT&T will end up with the 50% interest in the Cox's entire broadband unit under the new venture.

-Jerry