Re: Hub TV in Western Mass....

There was a time when Ch. 22 in Springfield sent a reporter to cover the
statehouse several times a week.(Mark Mills, Jordan St. John each took a
turn at that beat, among others) I don't recall why, or when they stopped.
Ch. 40 frequentlys dispatches a reporter to cover significant events in
Boston as well.

Judging from the promo wars seen during the November sweeps, the two
stations are still very competitive. Rep. Kelly might get better results by
meeting with the GMs of both "local" stations and asking if the could
increase coverage of State Government.

BTW, I believe that Lt. Gov. Acting as Gov. Swift's speech was broadcast by
both WGGB and WWLP.

Mike Beaulieu
Florence, Massachusetts