Re: WXKS-AM flips to X-MAS??

----- Original Message -----
From: <GF015@aol.com>

>     I have also noticed that they are getting away from adult standards
and
> now playing a lot of mellow AC hits from the 60's, 70's and 80's with a
few
> standards tunes thrown in from the 40's-50's.  You tend to hear more
Bread,
> Barry Manilow, Air Supply, Neil Sedaka, Roberta Flack,etc.  They are no
longer
> a carbon copy of the Music Of Your Life format offered from Jones Radio
> Networks.
> Gary Ford

And, thank heavens WW1's service is updating itself. If this format's target
audience is adults age 45-74.....let's look at the middle of that demo...a
person who's age 60:  That person was age 29 in 1970. Age 19 in 1960. Age 9
in 1950.  Guess which music they best-remember? 60's and 70's.

After a 16-year on-air career that included PD/MD in 3 fairly-large markets
from the late 60's to early 80's.......I've been in radio ad sales since the
mid-80's...most of that time for 2-stations in a medium market.....one of
which is a 5kw "heritage AM" that carries WW1's "adult standards".

Since WW1 began updating their music about a year ago, our ratings in
persons age 45-64 have more than doubled...making the station much easier to
sell to advertisers. It was much more difficult to attract advertisers when
the station was about 80% adults 65+!  Thanks goodness WW1 updated their
music. It's time...and it makes sense. We're really a soft-rock oldies
station with some standards sprinkled in.